Michael
Michael, Master Mechanic
Experience:  Over 25 years experience working on everything from PWC's to Mega Yachts
6854667

I winterized my boat following Mastercraft steps....the battery

Customer Question

i winterized my boat following Mastercraft steps....the battery gives charge , and everything seems to show activity on the gauges, but when i turn the boat over nothing happens...i heere a click on the engine, but absolutely no ignition? Help with advice please?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi My name is ***** ***** checked the static voltage on the battery? You should have a minimum of 12.5V without anything turned on or the battery switch off (if you have one)The clicking is an indication that the solenoid is working but may not be passing enough voltage to the starter to engage it.Try checking all battery connections including the grounds on both the battery terminal and on the engine block.If all is good , try using a jumper pack or a battery charger that has (boost) mode for engine starting.If you can try these steps and get back to me with your findings we can take it from there. Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, were you able to check the voltage at the battery?