Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1998 boston whaler conquest with a 200 hp mercury

Customer Question

I have a 1998 boston whaler conquest with a 200 hp mercury efi #06626318 . My throttle clutch controller is loose and sloppy wiil not hold speed creeps down needs replaced. What contrpller do i use to replace it with, it has a top rocker switch for engine trim it is a side mount. I was looking at a S1-3 merc control basic or there is a warm up fast idle option but i dont know if that will work with just basic control . Thank You , Dave
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dave, my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today. There are so many different model controllers. Do you happen to have a picture of yours?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i am not near the boat but west marine said it could be looked up with the engine serial number
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
The serial number will tell me anything about the engine, but not the controls. Just with Mercury there are dozens of different ones. Is yours side mount or top mount?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found a picture i will try to send
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
If you click this picture this explains how to upload picture. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0 If you found a picture on the internet you can copy and paste it into this text box as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HOw do I attach or send pic?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Click this link, this explains how http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the link, but there's no "reply to expert" tab to use. How about an email address?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hmmmm.... Are you on a cell phone or a computer? The problem is we don't really work through email here, we work through the website interface.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On computer
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You can email it to customer service at***@******.*** and tell them it is for Jason in boats, but it will probably be a few hours before they send it to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is all i have is a place to type in there is no tools or tabs on this interface
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
They designed the website to work with firefox and chrome... and unfortunately it doesn't show correctly on any other web browser except for those two. The only other thing I can do here is the website does allow for off site contact, IE - private email and phone communication. I can send you an offer for off site contact but they do charge extra for it.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I'll send you the offer now, if you accept it I can give you me personal email address. If you don't want to accept it, you can try emailing the pictures to customer service. If that doesn't work for you either, then I don't think i'm going to be able to be of any help to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok have to find out another way thanks anyway
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Good luck.