Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1997 Yamaha we've runner star good I put in the water

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Yamaha we've runner star good I put in the water and run but after 3 minutes put the over heat ligt warning ligt and last power I just want to now if you guy can help me
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.I can definitely help you. I do have a question though. When you get the over heat warning, is the engine getting hot? There are 2 possibilities, either the engine is overheating due to lack of cooling water or the warning system is malfunctioning. Let me know if the engine appears to be over heating or not and we can take it from there.ThanksRSRBOB