Michael
Michael, Master Mechanic
Experience:  Over 25 years experience working on everything from PWC's to Mega Yachts
6854667

2006 Sey Ray Sundancer: I get water in the cabin soaks the

Customer Question

2006 Sey Ray Sundancer: I get water in the cabin soaks the carpet in the lowest area just I front of the step into the cabin. Also see water in the area around the waste basket under the step, outside of the ? Sump box for shower?? It seems worse if it has rained but always at least damp when I return to the boat after a few days, even if it has not rained. The boat is kept in the water at a very protected marina - minimal movement even in a storm. Any ideas on how the water is gettin up there? How to diagnose and fix? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Boat
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin, My name is Mike...Let's start wit ha couple of questions;Do you have any kind of cover on the boat i.e. cockpit cover, full canvas enclosure, etc?Have you tried running the hose all over the top of the boat and watching inside to see if it leaks?These leaks are almost always from water getting in from rain, dew, or wshing the boat... The spot to watch is around the companion way door pocket, the base of the windshield, and the main hatch in the salon.Let's start by trying these steps and answering the questions and we'll take it from there. Mike