Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 3.0 Mercuiser it will not start and it smells like it is flooding it gets to the

Customer Question

I have a 3.0 Mercuiser it will not start and it smells like it is flooding it gets to the point and almost atarts but will not. I am not sure if it has been started in the last 3 or 6 months but the engine is in great shape almost new .
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** you have been cranking on the motor remove the flame arrestor and look down in the carb do you see fuel dribbling in the carb? If no have a friend open the throttle to wide open do you see fuel down in the bottom of the intake?