Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I just bought a 21 montauk with a 150 verado on it (brand new

Customer Question

I just bought a 21 montauk with a 150 verado on it (brand new - but a 2014 model). after 15 hours of running the boat, the alarm has come on and the warning message says - critical, fuel overflow into left valve - or something like that. from what i understand from the dealer, this is not entirely uncommon on this boat / motor combo and they will install a valve from Mercury that they claim will fix this issue by venting the fuel tanks. does this sound right to you? I am a bit concerned.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Yes it does sound right. Did you want or need a technical explaination as to what was going on, or did you just want to know if it was a common issue?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
It looks like you read my response, are you still with me?