Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I was poking around trying to find a wiring diagram 2004

Customer Question

i was poking around trying to find a wiring diagram for a 2004 baja 496 (not ho)model 245
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** you looking for the wiring diagram for the engine or the boat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
The Mercruiser engine diagrams are very complicated and you cannot get them over the internet through me. They just don't come out readable. Now your best bet is going to get the manual. This is very detailed and goes through all the individual circuits. The manual isn't that expensive. Here is the manual you need. http://www.amazon.com/MerCruiser-Service-Manual-PCM-Diagnostics/dp/B001C3WOSU I can [post a diagram but it just isn't very helpful. For anything on the boat you will have to go to a dealer as they don't publish in wiring diagrams to the general public. We are not a dealer so I can't help you there either. I know this isn't what you wanted but that is the only way you can get reliable diagrams that you can read. I can't help the fact that Baja doesn't make the diagram available to the public. Post back with questions.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Here is the dealer locations. http://www.bajamarine.com/_Dealer_Locator.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
baja is out of business but thanks anyway
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Yes I know but you might find a dealer with some old info. These dealers still have some inventory. They aren't Baja only they have other lines.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i will try
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok it's worth a phone call if you are having issues and need a diagram. The Mercruiser manual is well worth purchasing if you are having issues.