Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2002 mercury 135 hp optimax the smart gauge has a

Customer Question

I have a 2002 mercury 135 hp optimax the smart gauge has a injector fault showing and alarm going off . before this happened the engine quit running . I found the fuel pump 20 amp fuse blown . I replaced it and the engine started . I cant stop the alarm or injector fault .but the engine runs ok. I checked all the fuel injectors they look .
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?If you are getting an injector fault it is because either one of the injectors is unplugged, shorted, or there is a corrosion/break in the harness issue. This can be for both fuel and air inejctors. If you have a diagnostic lap top this is very easy to find. But without one. step 1 would be to disconnect all injectors and check their internal resistance with a high quality volt/ohm meter. Does that make sense? Is that something you can do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked each fuel injector they had no resistance . the air injectors had .7 ohms resistance
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I tried to accept your request for phone service but it says your payment has failed.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Phone calls are an extra service provided at an extra charge. Did you prefer the phone, or did you want to stay online?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Are you still with me?