Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Tan, I have a 1996 Evinrude 150 that has been working great.

Customer Question

Hi Tan, I have a 1996 Evinrude 150 that has been working great. Over the weekend it was also working great, after a break at the dock, went to start it again and it turns over but won't fire. Plenty of gas in the tank, and can feel it flowing through bulb to motor, and can smell it, but won't fire. Plenty of turn from the starter. Thought maybe flooded but sat overnight even and no luck. Main fuse checked and looked good. Kill switch intact. Is there a CDI box or similar on this engine?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello.If you squeeze the primer bulb does it get firm or continue to pump?Could I get the engine model number please? On the power pack # ***** at the back of the motor unplug the port connector at the top of the pack now check for spark. Do you have spark? http://www.boats.net/parts/search/BRP/EVINRUDE/1996/E150EXEDB/IGNITION%20SYSTEM/parts.html