Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2000 waverunner 1200, it has an electronic display

Customer Question

i have a 2000 waverunner 1200, it has an electronic display but I cant seem to get past the lock and start display. when i hold down the 'mode" button, all it does is ask for the code and shift between those two. i would like to get to the hour meter. thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.Are you able to start the ski? I am not clear on exactly what you mean when you say you can't get past the lock and code display. Have you ever been able to start the ski? Have you tried putting your code back in?Let me know.ThanksRSRBOB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it starts. the electronic display panel which displays the start and lock signal is also supposed to display the hours of use and some trip information among other things. as I read the manual I am supposed to hold down the "Mode" button to move to those other displays. I am sure I am just misreading the manual but when it is in the start mode, I hold down the mode button and code comes up on the display and I enter the code and lock comes up on the display. reverse the process and I end up back at start
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.It sounds like the start and lock modes are functioning properly. The multi function meter has to get an AC signal from the engine to activate. In most cases, that happens when it starts. If for some reason it doesn't start right away but takes an extended time to start, the meter may activate as well. Once it has started is when you should be able to scroll through the various functions as you listed. Are you saying that when the ski is running, you cannot scroll through the functions? Also, once it is running, you should not have to hit and hold the mode button, it should be one solid press and release and it should advance through the functions, one advance for each press of the mode button.Is it not scrolling while the engine is running with a press of the mode button?ThanksRSRBOB