Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

My 200 four winns omc cobra out drive boat v-8 won't go into

Customer Question

My 200 four winns omc cobra out drive boat v-8 won't go into forward or reverse. Help!
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Best thing to do is check if the drive shift cable when moving the shifter actually moves at the drive, if not check for a broken cable and or disconnection between. If it does then check it is not loose, disconnect and manually shift drive and check prop rotation by hand, if drive will not go into gear by manually shifting by hand the shift rod this means the drive needs torn down, inspected and possibly rebuilt and min repairs made.
The cables you are checking are from shift control to interrupt switch and from the switch to the leg/drive.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.