Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

Had 2008 bayliner 205 serviced. all oils changed. went to take

Customer Question

had 2008 bayliner 205 serviced. all oils changed. went to take it out and it wont start. all fuses good. turns over but seems like it is not getting fuel. fuel filter is good. fuel pump is working. I bypassed it. seems like no power to it though. any ideas
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Can you please advise the model of your engine? Is it a mercruiser? Noel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. mercruiser5.0
Hi again ok so first thing to check is if there is 12 volts coming to the fuel pump . If there is not try applying a direct 12 volts to the fuel pump and see if it runs. If it does then the problem is most probably the oil pressure switch that switches on the fuel pump. Another thing to check before the fuel pump is the safety lanyard switch. Make sure that it is in the on position.Check the above and let me know. Noel