Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

On a 2014 Yamaha FZX pulled a reverse while standing still

Customer Question

On a 2014 Yamaha FZX pulled a reverse while standing still almost but instead of go in reverse the JetSki flew over the boat in front of me. This is my second time on the water with this waveRunner
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for using Justanswer.com.How can we help you today? You have described what you did, but not what you need help with. What is your question that you would like expert advice on?ThanksRSRBOB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi my question is what can I do now is there any way that it was jetski mulfunction the jetski is damaged underneath badly and on top of everything I got a court date, I'm assuming is going to be reckless driving
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.Since this sounds like it is going legal, I advise you contact an attorney to represent you. From there, he would probably hire a professional technician/investigator to inspect the water craft to determine the reason it did what it did. He would be looking to determine if it was a mechanical defect or rider error that caused the accident.This question, and the ability to answer it without personally inspecting the vehicle, is impossible to answer. There are just too many variables that would take a trained eye to interpret.Justanswer.com does have a legal section where you might be able to get advice from a lawyer, but as far as what to inspect on your ski to see why it did what it did is just not possible in this forum.I do wish you well and thank you for using Justanswer.RSRBOB