Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

How to replace fuel drive belt on 1996 Sea Ray Sundancer 270

Customer Question

how to replace fuel drive belt on 1996 Sea Ray Sundancer 270 7.4 l engine
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello sorry for being rude just tired and its late thanks for the help
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Actually it's a fuel pump/raw water pump combo and the belt is for the raw water pump however they are one unit in the same housing. This is done correctly by loosening the tensioners on the belts which allows each belt to be removed, each belt has a tensioner that is made to tighten/loosen the belt. In some cases you might have better luck removing the raw water pump pulley and or entire raw water pump to replace the belt. For engines with serp belt drives there will be an auto tensioner that you use a ratchet to move and remove the belt however depending on engine sometimes a pulley or accessory must be removed to replace the actual belt.
For more info I would need the exact engine model number.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.