Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I lost my internet connection, lets try this again. My 34 Sea

Customer Question

I lost my internet connection, lets try this again. My 34 Sea Ray Sundancer with 7.4 MPI engines had been running fine until the Starboard engine shut down and flipped the ignition breaker. I reset the breaker and the engine fired up again only to shut down a second time roughly 10 minutes later. Once again it fired up after resetting the breaker. I checked it again today and now it wont turn on at all as the breaker flips immediately. I replaced the solenoid on the engine with no effect. Could it be the main battery solenoid causing the problem ?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Start by disconnecting the engine harness at the big connector, this will disconnect the entire engines electrical system from the vessels. Now flip the breaker, if it still trips then you know the problem is unrelated to the engine and is most likely a shorted wire or ignition switch, if it stops after disconnecting then you know it is on the engine side of the harness and to check for shorts as if you are not even using the switch and it trips this means a dead short or bad breaker.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.