Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have an 02 Honda Aquatrax F-12. The unit starts up well,

Customer Question

Hi, I have an 02 Honda Aquatrax F-12. The unit starts up well, and accelerates to 20mph. At that point is starts to sputter and the warning beeping and red light come on. After a few seconds, the unit shuts off. What would be the first area you look at for the problem?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Check the water for fuel or signs of fuel in the bilge. There is a bulletin on the fuel tank that came out in 2014.
Then do a compression test along with a spark test.
Check the oil level.
In a shop a scanner would be plugged into it so that the codes could be down loaded and see exactly what is causing the alarm. Without that, you could be replacing good parts just guessing at what is wrong.