Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Have Seadoo 2003 Gti le-rfi, Die in water after slowly loosing

Customer Question

Hi Have Seadoo 2003 Gti le-rfi, Die in water after slowly loosing power, when I got home cyliders were full of fuel/oil, I have blowen everything out, and have got down toi the fact only oil getting pumped in with no fuel in fuel line! Could it be fuel pump or is there a fues or other reason it would not get fuel?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
First thing to check are the fuses and if good check fuel pump power and ground, if you have both and pump will not run or runs but not pumping fuel then check sending unit no holes in pickup and if fuel pump bad replace. If fuel pump lacks power or ground then trace harness/wiring and connectors at the ecm for corrosion/bent pins and damaged wiring in general.
We can then further proceed as needed.
The cylinders being full of fuel/oil would not be related to a lack of fuel. That is usually due to flooding or ignition (spark) issue and or compression, lack of engine running/correctly.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.