Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Have a Minn Kota Maxxum 55 bow mounted trolling motor with

Customer Question

Have a Minn Kota Maxxum 55 bow mounted trolling motor with foot pedal control. When I last used the motor, all was working fine. The boat was stored for the winter and no one touched the trolling motor. However, when I first used the motor this year, all directions were reversed from that indicated by the arrow on top. To go forward I had to make sure the arrow pointed aft, etc., etc. What might have caused this problem and how can I remedy it?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** is to make sure that the battery is not hooked up backwards or the plug is not installed incorrectly. The motor ill run in reverse with the incorrect power supply. If that is good. To correct the issue, remove the top cap of the motor. Turn the arrow to match how the motor is pointed, then reinstall the top cap. You may need to turn the arrow slightly to get things to line up.