Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a pontoon with a 40 horse 4 stroke outboard with efi.

Customer Question

I have a pontoon with a 40 horse 4 stroke outboard with efi. Model # ***** I have electrical power to the entire boat, the bilge pump, the radio, the anchor, everything. I do not however seem to have any electrical power to the motor to either start
it nor to raise and lower it. I have already checked the battery and it is fully charged. I also bypassed the safety kill switch. The problem is exactly the same. No change. I can only assume that it is either a short in the wiring or the shifter is not registering
as being in neutral. I would like some advise as to am I on the right track. Do you have any other suggestions, or do I start checking each wire for continuity?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Have you checked the fuses on the engine yet?