Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I resently got a 89 Chris craft 245 limited, with a OMC 460 king cobra. It had sat

Customer Question

I resently got a 89 Chris craft 245 limited, with a OMC 460 king cobra. It had sat for the last 13 years, I have replaced a lot of parts and the internals (bottom half is in great shape) I've replaced the carb and points and coil plugs and wires. Now on land with ear muffs it runs great but in the water it gets to 3000 rpm and just hits a wall and will not gain any more rpms nor speed
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I would run the engine on another fuel source. The boat side fuel system is most likely causing a fuel starvation issue.This will tell us if the engine is the problem or the fuel supply is the problem. Since the boat has been sitting that long we have no idea what has been sitting in the fuel tank for 13 years. Can you gat another fuel source and run the boat in this different fuel source?