Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Have a Boston Whaler 2008 Dauntless 230A. Boat is difficult

Customer Question

Have a Boston Whaler 2008 Dauntless 230A. Boat is difficult to bring into a parallel row of narrow slips secondary to a daily western stiff wind. Can any adjustments be made to the boat. I have a single engine
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? No there are no adjustments that can be made. A bow thruster could be installed, but the expense is considerable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The boat is stern heavy and the wind pushes the boat.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Yes... I understand. That will happen. Boats do steer differently than cars. 1/2 of the battle with steering a boat in tight quarters is anticipation, and how you good are at anticipating what the boat is going to do, and how it is going to be have. Really it sounds like you need some seamanship classes, or take the fast track route and hire a captain to spend some time with you and teach you how to navigate the tight areas. Does that make sense?