Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have the same problem with the water, but the ski seems

Customer Question

I have the same problem with the water, but the ski seems to run good until u get a load on it, and then it is like the jet drive gives and quit s pushing and the motor revs up like there is no load on it
Category: Boat
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi My name is ***** ***** most likely going on is that you have something like a rope or weeds caught in your impeller or intake grate... Or the key-way for the impeller has sheered. If you don't see any debris in the impeller housing or the impeller itself then you can check if the key is sheered by clamping the drive shaft between the engine and the pump with a strap wrench or vice grip to lock the shaft, then use a broomstick through the jet nozzle and see if you can spin the impeller on the shaft.. If you cannot turn it then the set screws on the coupler that secure the drive shaft to the back of the engine may have come loose. I hope this helps... get back to me with your findings and if necessary I will continue to help you. Mike