Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
Experience:  Multiple factory certifications 20+ years of experience.
8380480

Dominik. My ma,e is Al I have a 2003 kawaski stx-12f

Customer Question

Hello Dominik. My ma,e is Al I have a 2003 kawaski stx-12f I loaned to a friend who said he put 2 qts of oil in it and it would slow to thirty then jump to 50 it also smokes badly took to local and was told compression in 2 and 4 was at 50% that is the only test they did but told me I have to buy a new motor. it will start and run but they said it cranks slow
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm going to help you with this today.First thing I would do is get a second opinion and tell them nothing before hand. Just that it runs weird and want to get it checked.Lots of shops are hot on selling engines when they're not needed.That being said. If your engine was 2 qt's low on oil. It probably will need an engine.But before you cross that bridge get a second opinion.Find a guy on craigslist marine services section and offer him $50 to check it out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All well and good except there is only one kaw dealer shop that will work on it. I live in the middle of missouri. I was hopeing you could tell me what I could do to check it out myself