Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2004 sea Ray 220 select. I bought it last year & the

Customer Question

I have a 2004 sea Ray 220 select. I bought it last year & the ignition switch was always "loose" it was never secure in its place & sometimes it was hard to remove my key be cause of this but it always functioned okay. Upon starting it always gives out one beep before it starts. Last weekend though, upon starting it just started beeping constantly & would not stop. No indicator lights for any problems ever came up....just the incessant beeping. Any ideas?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi My name is ***** ***** beeping intermittent or solid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Intermittent
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
ok, this is an oil alarm....First check the stern drive remote oil reservoir... it is located on or near the transom in the engine bay. You will see "low" and "full" level lines on the reservoir. If it is low, top it off to the full line with 80W/90 gear lube i.e Quicksilver high performance gear lube. If it is not low then take the reservoir of of it's mount and turn it up side down while the alarm is going off... it it stops beeping then you have a bad oil level sensor.Try this and get back to me and we'll take it from there.. Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
btw: the reservoir I am referring to is a clear plastic bottle with a black cap.