Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a one yr old I Pilot trolling motor. The speed control

Customer Question

I have a one yr old I Pilot trolling motor. The speed control on the foot control when advanced past 5 shuts down the constant function. Any number above five causes the motor to rock back and forth with no increase in speed. the direction control also seems to be slowed. I get the same symptoms with the remote. Is this a low voltage problem are a malfunction of the speed control wheel?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today.What FtLb is your motor?By rocking back and forth, is it the steering that is moving or the motor speed raising and falling.