Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Ok here goes:I have an 89 1750 Bayliner Capri with a 2.3L

Customer Question

Ok here goes:
I have an 89 1750 Bayliner Capri with a 2.3L OMC Cobra. The issue I have is running. I can't seem to get the boat over 10 mph. I have replace Plugs, Wires, Points and Condenser, and Coil. Check timing belt and recheck multiple times that the line up marks are staying true. Rebuilt Carb twice, new fuel pump, fuel lines, choke, and Fuel Separator. Replace Shift Assist and adjusted. At the dock without load she will tac up to 5600 and would do more if I let it. Under load can not get more than 2500-3800 and can not get the boat to plane. Can not seem to get it to low idle smoothly under 1100. This has been plaguing me so bad I am staring to name the boat "Poltergeist". Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? What can you tell me about the engine? When did it last run correctly and make full power? How old is the fuel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason, thank you for responding. I am not happy with justanswers.Com so I canceled my membership and I don't want to pay for the answer. Please forgive me if I wasted your time.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Good luck with your issue.