Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

On my 1999 sea doo the 12 volt low message flashes and the

Customer Question

On my 1999 sea doo the 12 volt low message flashes and the red service light is on I checked and recharged the battery but it did it again after a few minutes. Battery measures 12.5 v on a meter
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
"12 volt low" indicates that the charging system is not functioning. 12.6vdc is static battery voltage, 12.5 would indicate a slight discharge of the battery, battery needs to be professionally tested via a battery load tester, if bad then replaced. If good then check battery voltage with engine running at idle, below 13 indicates not charging and thus the malfunction light. From here you would first check all fuses in the mpem and rear electrical black box, next checking wiring harness, grounds and then checking the regulator/rectifier and mag system which I can include if the above requires leading to that testing.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.