Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 2004 seadoo gtx supercharged It's starts fine from cold in or out of th

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2004 seadoo gtx supercharged
It's starts fine from cold in or out of the water first time every time.
Once I have been out on the ski I have real trouble re starting the ski if left for anytime longer than a few minutes. It will always start in the end but can sometimes take 10-20 attempts to get it to fire and then runs fine.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. Please try putting key on and off the post allowing the fuel pump to prime each time (you will be able to hear the fuel pump prime, do this 5-10x) on the last time try starting, if it starts right away then, then please connect a fuel pressure tester and check pressure, it's very likely either pump is not holding pressure (internal check valve) or fuel pressure regulator has failed and is not maintaining pressure. However the above test will let you know of those potential problems. If not then I can have you preform other tests, also would help to know if the check engine light comes on and if so and you do the following to find the codes which may or may not help: With safety lanyard on its post, press 5 times the SET button to start the display of P-codes.Press MODE to scroll codes if more than one is present. When "list" is over, END will appear.When END appears, press MODE to exit. Thank you!- Joe Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day! Ifyou need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.