Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

My trim up button only works when I push it in on the top right

Customer Question

My trim up button only works when I push it in on the top right corner of the button, it sometimes works in other spots but sometimes there is hesitation in the trim up. Trim down works fine. The button is on my shifter, no trim buttons on motor. Quicksilver 300 shifter for 1994 Bayliner capri 1700 LS 120 HP Force
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. First thing to do is to spray some contact cleaner to the switch and see if it helps, it normally is a matter of some corrosion that will not allow good contact. If it stii does not work then you would need to remove the switch from the lever and check the wiring and eventually replace the switch but most probably will fix with some contact cleaner. If you need further assistance let me know. Noel