Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1948 chris craft K motor and was changing my points

Customer Question

I have a 1948 chris craft K motor and was changing my points distributor over to a Pertronix electronic ignition. I thought I had it marked pretty good to drop the distributor in on the correct tooth, however once in, it had spark but didn't run. I rotated and tried the next tooth but no luck. I need to find the correct location. The tough part is I can't see the piston for TDC
Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  K. Kergan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** #1 spark plug.Put your finger on the spark plug hole in the head and turn the engine by hand until pressure comes out around your finger.Keep turning until the timing marks line up.Lift the distributor and point the rotor toward the post with the #1 spark plug wire connected.