Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I received 2 error messages on my screen. the first

Customer Question

hello
i received 2 error messages on my screen. the first says my zeuss joystick is not operative. I received a low drive lube message earlier and added some fluid. after starting engines it said that joystick is not available.
the other message was a CCM TVM standby- return to port and service before next use: critical.
any idea what these mean? I am away from port on an extended trip
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you.The code means that the computers that drive the joystick steering have failed or are failing. The fix for this is to locate a dealer that can replace them and then reprogram the Zuess steering. What it truly means is that the joystick steering in not going to function at all or correctly for you until it can be corrected.