Michael
Michael, Master Mechanic
Experience:  Over 25 years experience working on everything from PWC's to Mega Yachts
6854667

HOW DO YOU CHANGE A TRIM SWITCH ON THE MOTOR AND ON THE COUNSEL

Customer Question

HOW DO YOU CHANGE A TRIM SWITCH ON THE MOTOR AND ON THE COUNSEL CONTROL FOR A 2002 YAMAHA SX200TXRA, THANKS, JON
Category: Boat
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, The switch in the motor is fairly simple, there is a steal clip or a small bracket with a 10mm cap bolt securing it to the lower cowling.... remove that and disconnect the two wire leads (about a foot away from the switch) and the switch assembly will lift out from the inside of the cowling... make sure you get the right style switch for your replacement or it will not seat properly in the cowling.As for the console switch, is it located in the control handle or on the dash? If it is in the dash it's easy but if it's in the shift/throttle lever then you need to remove the control unit from the console and disassemble the handle to replace it..... I can send you a diagram if you need it....just let me know what style shifter you have ie. side mount, or binnacle mount. I hope this helps, Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Do you still need help with this? Mike