chester298
chester298,
69243481

I have a 2005 SeaDoo GTX limited and it is not going over 45mph.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 SeaDoo GTX limited and it is not going over 45mph. I checked the speed sensor in the back and all is in good condition. I am using the correct key and still not reaching the top speed. Any information I can get will be very helpful. Thank you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to Just answer. Initially, it possibly there is problem on cavitation. Cavitation is "burning out" on the water - when you hit the gas coming off idle, it wouldn't accelerate as quickly, and depending on how bad it is, the ski may vibrate. It's basically letting air flow by the impeller instead of 100% water. Check the wear ring for gouges, tears, etc. Also look at your impeller, (get under the ski or pull the pump) for nicks, bent blades, etc.I believe the clearance between the ring and tip of blades should be no more than .040"...check it with a feeler gauge. If still, it possibly have slight air leak in the pump causing minor cavitation. If your getting full rpms, the proplem is in the pump system which is not causing it work properly. Could be the carbon ring driveshaft seal which is not quite sealing. Have your dealer check it.Or, could be a pump seal problem seen more on the seadoo boats even brand new from the factory, the pwcs is not usually a problem. The airleaks are difficult to find so I suggest having your dealer remove the ride plate and reseal everything. Not a difficult job and only takes an hour or two.Make sure your dealer actually rides the ski. This type of problem is impossible to solve unless you are actually full speed lake testing. Hope this information will be helpful.IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Chester
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Let me know,
Chester
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Let me know,
Chester