Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a sea Ray 320 su dancer with 6.2 liter mercruisers.

Customer Question

I have a sea Ray 320 su dancer with 6.2 liter mercruisers. It operates fine until I reach speeds in the 20s then a diagnostic alarm sounds. The last alarm said port side fuel pump. The engine was not overheating and as soon as I slow down the alarm goes off and the engine operates fine. What is the problem
Category: Boat
Expert:  briggs archer replied 1 year ago.
I am slightly confused. The engine computer has no input signal for fuel pump pressure. However she symptoms you describe could be an input from the raw water pump. Can you confirm? At any rate, It will be necessary to have a computer scan done so the values provided to the scanner can be analyzed to find the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize it may have said water pump the screen that types out the alarm message is not very clear we had just replaced the impellers 1 month ago everything ran fine from that point until this weekend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first time the alarm sounded it said diagnostic alarm I reduced power the alarm went off I then increase power and the next time the alarm said some type of pump alarm
At this point, all you can do is change the water pressure sensor and check the connections for a green corrosion(clean them). Not sure which system you have but sensor is located either on the water pump or the oil cooler in the back of the engine. If this does not fix the problem then the hose that comes from the drive thru the transom is corrosion restricted. Boat out of water for repair.