Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Suzuki 20 hp new 4stroke w 4 hrs on it: Excessive vibration

Customer Question

Suzuki 20 hp new 4stroke w 4 hrs on it:
Excessive vibration at rpm just above idle, will ruin your arm if continue.
Very difficult to start, and or the first pull is impossible. Most people in family cannot pull.
After running, then shut off, very easy and a ten yr old can pull. Supposedly easy start but often I cannot get get a pull done.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
Take it back to the dealer. That engine should be easy to start. Make sure the propeller is on all the way. With the engine out of the water in neutral spin the prop and see if it wobbles.Since it is under warranty I would hesitate in telling you anything invasive to the engine. I would let the dealer straighten out the problem under warranty.