Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2003 Searay 320 Sundancer, its out of the water and

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Searay 320 Sundancer, its out of the water and I'm doing some work. Port engine was firing on starter fluid, added gas to both tanks and discovered a fuel leak under the starboard engine at the cooler, had to pull it to fix. With starboard still out I decided to trial the port engine with gas, it cranks but no spark. With gas from the tank or with starter fluid, nothing. Since it was running last week I wondered if pulling the starboard engine and disconnecting its electronics could be the root cause.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?What is the serial number on the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bob Taylor
M312281
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bob. This engine requires a scan tool to work on. There isn't anything you can do without one except make sure everything looks plugged in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So no reason to suspect that disconnecting the one engine would impact the other engine.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
No, the engines work independently of eachtoher.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome good luck!