Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Suzuki 90hp 4-stroke: My engine is a 2013 90hp 4 cycle. When

Customer Question

My engine is a 2013 90hp 4 cycle. When I start the engine the Check engine light appears and red flashes first 3 times and then 7 times. What is it telling me? Is the boat runable?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
The 3-7 code is for the power trim sensor. It tells the ECM as to wether or not the engine is in a "to high" position. Yes you can definitely run the engine, and take care of the trim sensor issue the next time you haul it out.
I think that should do it. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.
Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next week with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating. And if I have saved you quite a bit of money, or saved you a trip to the dealer, tips are always greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
T'hat is the answer I was looking for. The trim needs to be replaced.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. Please do not forget to put through a rating for me. When they are not done the website simply keeps your deposit, and will not credit me.
Thank you,
Jason
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I see that no rating has been done yet so I'm just checking in and seeing if any part of your question is not answered. If there was something I missed just let me know.
Thank you,
Jason