Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

115 mercury optimax 2004 runs great starts great but every once in a while when it's

Customer Question

115 mercury optimax 2004 runs great starts great but every once in a while when it's started up fuel runs out of the vent hose at idle .will a new float assembly fix the problem if it is in fact the float sticking
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?Before I start, do you have the serial number on the engine handy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is Lenard, motor serial number is ***** 971441 my phone number is(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lenard. Phone service is available but it is an extra service at and extra charge (30$) Did you want phone service or did you prefer to stay online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Stay online

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Got it. More than likely it's not a sticking float, but rather a dirty inlet needle valve. The float moves the needle valve up and down, but the valve is what actually closes off in coming fuel. What you would want to order is an inlet valve kit, part number 889326A1, they run about 25 bucks. I think that should do it. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank. Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next week with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating. And if I have saved you quite a bit of money, or saved you a trip to the dealer, tips are always greatly appreciated.Thank youJason