Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have twin 2005 Yamaha 250 four stroke engines. The starboard

Customer Question

I have twin 2005 Yamaha 250 four stroke engines. The starboard motor will not go down. It is stuck in the up position. I hear the motor come on when I push the controls, but the motor will not move.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? How long as the engine been in the up position for?Is the boat on the water, or on a trailer right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am Capt. Pete Dieppe.
The boat is in the water at our dock.
She is a 33' Grady-White Express.
The engines performed Sunday a week ago when we were coming back from Beaufort SC. That is a 4 to 5 hour trip back home.
I washed out the engines and raised and lock them to keep them out of the water.
We have promised 2 of our grandsons a trip next Friday back to Beaufort and need some ideas pretty quick.
Thanks Capt Pete
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete. Have you checked to make sure the trailer latch was not flipped up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after all this time waiting on the call, Please disregard the request....... I have to leave. It is 5pm.
I did not get any help at all!!!!
I should not have to pay for this.
Capt Pete Dieppe
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete. Sorry if there was any confusion I asked you at 11:40 am "Have you checked to make sure the trailer latch was not flipped up?" and you never responded back to me on that. So I was waiting on you.