Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2005 Sea-Doo GtI-RFI That will not start. The

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Sea-Doo GtI-RFI That will not start. The battery is at 13.5 volts.When the safety lanyard is installed I get one long peep and after a pause I get a pulsating beeping. I replaced the starter solinoid which was leaking and slowly running the battery down. If I short across the new solinoid the engine will turn over but not start. This condition came on slowly as at first a month or so ago the ski would usually start and run but sometimes die if hitting a wave or for unknown reasons. I have checked all the fuses I can find. The two at starter solinoid and 6 plus or minus near the ECM. The machine has been turned over about two years ago and I had to remove water from combustion chamber. This was done right after the incident. The machine has run fine until this year. It has about 40 hours total time on it. I have the mechanics manual but I have not been able to trace all wiring and check impedence.I wish

to have a one time only cost And not have a monthly fee. If this will not work Please let me know . I do not mind paying more for an answer but I am almost 8o and can not afford monthly payments.This is for visits of grandchildren in summer.

Category: Boat