Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Was just on the lake with my 1996 115 evinrude it has always

Customer Question

was just on the lake with my 1996 115 evinrude it has always started and ran great but I ran it slow across the lake for about 10 mimutes than after turing it off could not start it five minutes later
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
Did it start running slow? When was the last time it ran good? What have you tried to diagnose the problem?Did it ever start? I could use a bit more information.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Always started and has ran great . this is the first time i ran it real slow as in no wake slow for about ten minutes turned it off backed the trailer in and tried to start it five minutes later it wouldnt start . wondering if running that slow for that time had some effect . When it happened i re pumped the ball and tried to give it more throttle in neutrol but still wouldn't turn over
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
Slow speed should not have caused any problems.We need to do some tests. Do you have a spark tester? If not then you can get one from any auto parts store. Put it on each spark plug wire, crank the engine and see if you get a good spark. If an adjustable model set it for 7/16".Check your emergency stop switch is plugged in properly. Post back what you get.I'm off now but back in the morning.Thanks