Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

2011 Mercury 150hp 4 stroke only runs 2800 RPM.. Less than

Customer Question

2011 Mercury 150hp 4 stroke only runs 2800 RPM.. Less than 100 hours.. Changed fuel filter and plugs.. Ran sea form in tank every summer.. What could cause loss of power?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
There are quire a few things that can cause it. When did this problem start? When did it last run correctly? How old is the fuel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last summer got trash in tank and took to shop they drained fuel and put new filter in.. This summer new fuel and we have loss of power.. Changed plugs and filter and put seam form in.. Not any better
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
These are fairly sophisticated engine, and many checks need to be done in order to find the problem. You probably won't have any of the tools needed for these checks. Which means that you would go to the dealer either way. That being said, what kinds of questions did you have for me specifically?