Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I arm working on a 2000 riviera cruiser with a 90 hp johnson

Customer Question

i arm working on a 2000 riviera cruiser with a 90 hp johnson motor.i am not getting any fire to the plugs. could you give me step by step directions on how to crank the motor?also the trim stopped working. can you help me?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Is there not a key switch in the boat?
you can jump the starter solenoid between the large red and the small yellow. This will activate the solenoid and crank the engine over. If you have the main plug going to the dash unplugged, the engine should have spark. Make sure that you are only testing spark, as if the engine starts, there is not a way to stop it without plugging the harness back in.