Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I bought a used 2003 fiesta vee 270 with no trailer. Ordering

Customer Question

I bought a used 2003 fiesta vee 270 with no trailer. Ordering a trailer for it and they needs the specs. On the hull so they can set trailer up. Please help
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
///
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the answer
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what happened but my last full reply didn't come through. What I had wrote was; Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I've done many a trailer and typically when you are setting up a trailer you start with the boat up on blocks, and measure from the ground up to where you want to place the bunks, as well as from the ground up to the deepest part of the V. After that you take your best guess and position the bunks accordingly. It will usually be a bit off so after that you put the boat on the trailer. And from there you jack it up and fine tune the bunks and set the boat back down. That sets the boat on the bunks correctly. After that you have to set the axle. And the boat definitely has to be on the trailer in order to position the axle correctly. Setting the axle determines the tongue weight when trailering. And you want to set the tonque weight to 10% of the overall tow weight. There is no way to set the axle and set tonque weight without the boat on the trailer. Does that all make sense? What kind of specs are you looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My boat is in the river. I have no way to do this. That's why I'm asking u and paid 48.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bunk spacing. And length from drain to front of hull. Etc etc
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
That information doesn't exist. Even Rinker won't have it. They don't bother with it because there are to many deviations in hulls. You would need to find a trailer company that knows how to do this corrrectly instead of just trying to sell you a trailer. Sorry I could not be more helpful to you.