Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

2004 Smokercraft 172 Millentia. The livewell recirculating

Customer Question

2004 Smokercraft 172 Millentia. The livewell recirculating pump will not shut off. It is controlled by a single switch for filling / recirculating. Down is recirc, centre should be off, top is fill. I have had to disconnect the wire harness.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
What you have is a bad switch. Replace it and make sure that you get a 3 position on-off-on switch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Charles. Unfortunately, a bad switch was not the problem. If you knew this make and model, you would have known that there is a secondary control panel in the bow of the boat. Someone had accidentally touched the livewell switch which was causing the problem. I trust no charges will be processed for this answer. Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
No worries.