Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1987 V-6 4.3 w/Mercruiser outdrive. I just had the

Customer Question

I have a 1987 V-6 4.3 w/Mercruiser outdrive. I just had the starter replaced. Now I have very poor performance. Is there some adjustments that need to adjust? They forgot to tighten a clamp causing the water to shoot out into eng. compartment. We tightened the clamp that made the eng. to run alot smoother but it feels like the trans. is slipping or like a brake is on and holding it back?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?There is nothing on the starter itself that would effect performance. Did you do the starter job yourself or did you have it done.