Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a 95' Mercury 60 hp, 3 cylinder 2-stroke. While I was

Customer Question

I have a 95' Mercury 60 hp, 3 cylinder 2-stroke. While I was on the lake I lost my ignition spark. I found my rectifier/regulator fried, so I replaced it but still no spark. I have tested my stator coils and trigger with an ohm meter and found that I get a resistance reading when I connect to the wire leeds but not when I connect to one wire leed and ground. I then pulled my flywheel to check my magnets and found them to have good magnetism with a simple screwdriver test. Any suggestions?
Thx Bob
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hi bob my name is ***** ***** i will assist you. Try disconnecting the black/yellow wire from the switch box and check again for spark. If you have spark now then the problem is within the remote control, either the safety lanyard switch or the ignition switch. If on the other hand the problem is still there then the problem is a bad switch box.Check the above and let me know in case you require further assistance. Noel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Noel, I began my attempt to make the repair by testing the dash board ignition switch and the run/off switch located on the shift console. I have power at all terminals, I will double check and try your suggestion just to confirm and recontact you. Bob
ok keep me updated Noel