Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 1998 Kawasaki 1100 ZXI jet ski that runs fine on the

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Kawasaki 1100 ZXI jet ski that runs fine on the trailer but when I put it in the lake it will only run 5 MPH and will bog down if you give it gas. and it has been blowing the flush out valve out of the hose and leaking water in the engine compartment. any suggestions on what is wrong
Todd
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
When the ski is on the trailer, you are not asking it to make any real power. When you place it in the water and try to take off, it needs fuel to get going. You are going to need to pull the carbs off, clean them with a good quality carb cleaner, put them back together using new o-rings and diaphragms and new needles. After this the engine will run good again.