Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2000 mako 2100 bay shark with a 200HP mercury salt

Customer Question

I have a 2000 mako 2100 bay shark with a 200HP mercury salt water. Twice I have had to be towed in the past month when the engine quit and refused to restart. It acks like it isn't getting gas. It will run for a few seconds if I keep the choke on. Replaced gas lines, inline gas filter separator, gas filter at engine, squeeze bulb, second time had tank flushed and check by marina. When I squeeze the gas bulb it doesn't get as hard as in the past. It ran for 20 minutes or so before it dies after filter and line replacement and the a second time after tank flushing. Could it be a problem with a vent line, check valve, gas pick up line in the 75 gallon gas tank. Should I replace the fuel bulb again.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Would you please post the serial number of the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OG805272 1999 200XL
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
How large is the fuel tank in the boat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
75 gallon there is a round access hatch to the fuel gage sender on top of tank that has been remove for tank cleaning by marina and reinstalled.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tank is on center line of boat below floor starting at live well is about 10" deep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just cancel my request for help and don't charge me. This process just takes too long and to get fast answers you charge more.