Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I read this complete post.. i have very little watrer pressure

Customer Question

i read this complete post.. i have very little watrer pressure on my 33 searay with the city water hooked up or unhooked and water pump on.. what could be the issue?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
I'm not privy to what you read unless you share it with me. What kind of issue are you having? Is the engine overheating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the engine is not overheating. The problem is I have very little water pressure in my sinks and my shower with the water connected to the dock and only minimal more when I turn the water pump on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The post I read was about water pressure I believe it was mainly about Engine cooling. I am looking for help with water pressure in my sinks and shower
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
There is usually a strainer between the tank and the fresh water pump. Have you located and checked this strainer yet?Have you checked pressure right from the seawater pump itself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not checked anything yet. Even with the city water from the dock on with the water run through the same pump
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the water run through the same pump and Strainer? Also the water pump does it need to be on when I am hooked up to city water on the dock
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I'll have to look that up. What year Sundancer is this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1996 330 sumdancer
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
The manual is pretty vauge and doesn't say either way. Are you near the boat now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what else to say right now other than check the pump strainer. If that looks good then we would go on to check pump output pressure directly from the pump, but I would need to know which pump you have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is my first year boating. When I am plugged in on City water from the dock and I want to use the sink or shower does the water pump have to be on
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Usually they do have to be on. It's the boats pump that creates the actual pressure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'm going to probably go to boat tonight. Can I text then?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You would reply back to the website, we don't work on text messages here. Just log back into the website, and then in the upper right click "my questions" and you can get back to me from there.
-Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
you bet.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Just checking in. Any progress?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet I tried to take strainer off before pump and could not get into the area where it is going to work on it tomorrow
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. Let me know how you make out.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Just checking in. Any luck?